If you want a safe, well-made car seat, then you can never go wrong with Britax. This British manufacturer has been releasing premium childcare products since the 1970s. Years later, they are already at the forefront of the industry. The brand offers a wide range of car seats, but the Advocate is among your best options. Our Britax Advocate ClickTight review details everything you need to know about the product.
Britax Advocate ClickTight Review
The Advocate is a bestselling convertible car seat from Britax. In essence, this type of car seat can be used in two configurations – rear-facing and forward-facing. It is flexible and ideal both for babies and younger kids. More importantly, it is cost-effective and does away with the need to buy another car seat too soon.
Britax Advocate ClickTight at a Glance
No time to read a full-length review article? This quick overview can already help you decide if the Advocate is appropriate for your baby or not.
|Britax Advocate ClickTight Convertible Car Seat
|23 x 20.5 x 23.5 inches
|Rear-Facing Mode Weight Capacity
|5 to 40 pounds
|Forward-Facing Mode Weight Capacity
|20 to 65 pounds
|Maximum Child Standing Height
|$354.99 (Click here to check the latest promotion)
What We Like
- No-brainer to install and remove, regardless of the configuration or car type.
- Multiple layers of impact protection.
- Superb safety ratings.
- Extremely comfy and perfect for long rides.
- Easily adjustable as your child grows.
- Cover can be removed without rethreading.
- 10-year lifespan.
What We Don’t Like
- Large and heavy.
- More expensive than other car seats.
- Harness straps sometimes tangle easily, making them difficult to adjust.
- May not provide enough legroom in the rear-facing mode.
- Car seat cover is not machine-washable.
Who It Is For
The Britax Advocate ClickTight is strongly recommended for parents who want to arm their child with the highest levels of safety and comfort. And in so doing, you will have greater peace of mind as well. These benefits, however, come at a price, so you will have to shell out a lot of money at first. Fortunately, the product can be used for several years, making it cost-effective in the long run.
As a bonus, the Advocate is also easy to install, use, and clean, making your everyday life much smoother. Just make sure that your vehicle is large enough to accommodate the car seat.
Size and Weight
The Britax Advocate, like the other car seats from the ClickTight line, is quite heavy and large. The product weighs about 30 pounds, making it difficult to carry around. The weight, though, is largely due to the product’s impressive safety features. As for the size, the Advocate is 23 inches long, 20.5 inches wide, and 23.5 inches tall. Convertible car seats can be bulky, so make sure that your vehicle’s back seat is spacious enough.
Height and Weight Limits
One of the best things about the Advocate is that it is designed to grow with your baby. Specifically, the product is ideal for kids up to six years of age or 49 inches tall. The exact weight requirements depend on the product’s configuration settings. The rear-facing mode can accommodate children between 5 to 40 pounds, while the forward-facing position is suitable for those between 20 to 65 pounds.
The ClickTight Installation System makes the Britax Advocate quick and undemanding to install. It is, in fact, as easy as three steps – opening, threading, and closing the seatbelt. This makes the product a godsend for parents who are always on the go. More importantly, a properly installed car seat also boosts the safety of your child. And for convenience, the Easy-Buckle System ensures that the buckles and straps are secure and will not get in the way while you are positioning your baby.
Britax is considered a leader in the realm of safety technology for a reason. The Advocate, for instance, is one of the safest convertible car seats in the market. It is powered by several innovative features, all working together to keep your child safe and sound in the event of a crash.
- 3 Layers of Side Impact Protection. Includes an energy-absorbing shell, foam-lined headrest, and side-impact cushions. The multiple layers surround your baby’s sensitive head, neck, and torso for superior protection.
- Integrated Steel Frame.Fortifies and stabilizes the car seat.
- SafeCell Technology. Forms a crumple zone at the base to absorb crash energy and divert it from your baby.
- Patented V-Shaped Tether. Features a two-strap design and rows of staged-release stitches to slow down movement and seat rotation.
For extra protection, consider the variant with an Anti-Rebound Bar (ARB), which costs an additional $40. The ARB is placed near your baby’s feet to reduce the rebound movement during and after a crash. This safety feature is optional and is not required by the federal government. In fact, the Advocate is one of the few models that currently have it.
When it comes to comfort, the Advocate will not disappoint. Britax, after all, has come up with features that can help you find your child’s perfect fit.
- Quick-Adjust, No-Rethread Harness and Headrest. Adapts to your growing child’s ever-changing needs – no-rethreading necessary.
- Multiple Recline Positions with Automatic Level Indicators. Makes it easy to find the proper angle when installing the car seat.
- Removable Body Pillow. To keep newborns, preemies, and small babies securely strapped in the car seat.
- Plush Foam Padding and Premium Fabrics. For ultimate comfort and a relaxing ride every single time.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Britax is committed to making the lives of parents and caregivers much easier. This mission is reflected in their use of high-quality yet easy-to-clean fabrics on the car seat covers. In fact, you can easily take off the covers even without having to remove the harness or uninstall the car seat. To clean, you simply need to hand-wash it with mild detergent and cold water.
The Britax ClickTight line consists of three convertible car seats. Retailing at about $355, the Advocate is the priciest among the lot. That is because it boasts three layers of side impact protection – a one-of-a-kind safety feature not found in most car seats. Also, if you settle for the ARB option, then you will have to pay for an additional $40 (for a total of $395).
Britax Advocate ClickTight Review: The Final Verdict
Over $300 is a lot of money for a car seat. So, this begs the question, is the Britax Advocate worth the splurge?
Yes, it is. If the product is within your budget, then do not hesitate to go for it. After all, you will not only be paying for your child’s safety and well-being but your peace of mind as well. To sweeten the deal, the Advocate is also pretty convenient to use, helping you save valuable time and effort. But if you cannot justify spending that much for a car seat, then you can always go for the cheaper models in the ClickTight line.