Britax is one of the most trusted brands when it comes to high-quality and reliable infant car seats. After all, they have been dabbling in the child safety seat business – and childcare in general – for decades. They place top priority on safety, quality, and innovation, even bagging the title as the number one brand in safety technology.
The Marathon convertible car seat is one of their most popular offerings. Our Britax Marathon ClickTight review can help you decide if this product is suitable for you and your bundle of joy.
Britax Marathon ClickTight Review
The Britax Marathon ClickTight, like any other convertible car seat, offers two main configurations. The rear-facing mode is suitable for babies and children weighing less than 40 pounds, while the forward-facing position can be used on children up to 65 pounds. This smart design eliminates the need for another infant car seat down the road, helping you save money.
But, what exactly is it about the Marathon that sets it apart from other convertible car seats? Find out more below.
Britax Marathon ClickTight at a Glance
In this section, we’ll give you a brief rundown of the Britax Marathon, including the product specs, what we like and don’t like about it, and who it is for.
|Product Dimensions||23 x 18.5 x 23.5 inches|
|Product Weight||27 pounds|
|Rear-Facing Mode Weight Capacity||5 to 40 pounds|
|Forward-Facing Mode Weight Capacity||20 to 65 pounds|
|Maximum Child Standing Height||49 inches|
|Retail Price||Starts at $299.99|
|Click here to check the latest promotion|
What We Like
- Satisfies and even exceeds the federal safety guidelines.
- Well-rated on reputable websites, including Amazon, Target, and Walmart.
- A breeze to install.
- Suitable for both the LATCH system and seat belt installations.
- Includes rear- and forward-facing tethers.
- Equipped with some of the most advanced safety features.
- Designed for ultimate comfort.
- Easy to clean.
- Lengthy life span.
What We Don’t Like
- Heavy and difficult to lug around.
- May take up a lot of space in your vehicle’s backseat.
- Can be difficult to install in more compact cars.
- The crotch scrap can be short and hard to adjust.
- The Anti-Rebound Bar sometimes does not securely lock into place.
- Crumbs tend to collect in the ClickTight System.
- Some covers and seatbelts get worn out easily.
- Pads are not machine-washable and need to be hand-washed.
Who It is For
The Britax Marathon ClickTight leans on the middle to upper price range for convertible car seats. That is because it offers some of the most advanced safety features in the industry. So, it is ideal for parents who want the highest levels of safety for their child – and have some extra cash to shell out. Due to the product’s size, the Marathon is only suitable for those with enough space on the backseat of the vehicle.
Size and Weight
At about 27 pounds, the Britax Marathon is rather heavy, which means that it can be difficult to carry and lug around. The hefty weight, though, is largely due to the product’s integrated steel frame. Likewise, it is slightly bulky as well, but that is to be expected of a convertible car seat.
Height and Weight Limits
The best thing about being sizeable and heavy is the increased height and weight capacity. For the rear-facing mode, the Marathon can accommodate children between 5 to 45 pounds. The forward-facing position, on the other hand, can be used on kids weighing between 20 to 65 pounds. Finally, the car seat is suitable for children up to 49 inches tall.
Do not rush into switching to a forward-facing position. The Britax recommends sticking to the rear-facing mode until your child reaches the maximum weight or height limit.
Britax is known for their easy-to-install infant car seats – and the Marathon is no exception. With the brand’s patented ClickTight Installation System, setting up the car seat is as simple as threading, buckling, and snapping a seatbelt. Now, you can finally rest easy knowing that the car seat is safe and secure before every trip.
The Britax Marathon is powered by two supercharged safety features. The Side Impact Protection refers to a layer of foam-lined shell designed to absorb crash energy while shielding your child from flying debris. The SafeCell Impact Protection technology, on the other hand, is a safety system consisting of a steel frame, base, tether, and harness pads. Each component can keep your child safe and sound during impact.
- Impact-Stabilizing Steel Frame. For reinforced stability.
- Impact-Absorbing Base. Compresses to absorb crash force and inhibit forward movement.
- Patented V-Shaped Tether. Boasts a two-strap design with double-stitching to counteract forward movement and to prevent seat rotation.
- Impact-Absorbing Harness Pads. To reduce energy and forward flex during a collision.
For increased protection, you can also opt for the unit with an included Anti-Rebound Bar. It rests against the vehicle seat back, preventing the car seat from thrusting forward. Know that this feature is not required at the federal level. In fact, even without it, the Marathon is already sufficiently safe.
During car rides, the last thing you want is for your child to cry out and express their discomfort, ultimately putting a damper on everyone else’s mood. The Britax Marathon, fortunately, earns high scores when it comes to user comfort for the ultimate joyride.
- No-Rethread Headrest and Harness. For a quick, fuss-free adjustment of the 14-position harness, guaranteeing a secure fit for your growing child.
- 7-Position Recline with Automatic Level Indicator. Makes it easy to find the correct angle position for your child and vehicle.
- Removable Body Pillow. Acts as extra padding to keep infants and small babies in place.
- Plush Foam Padding and Fabrics. Promise unmatched comfort and softness while remaining breathable.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Babies and little kids can get messy. Every parent knows that all too well. Fortunately, the Britax Marathon is simple to clean and even comes with detailed yet easy-to-understand instructions. Start by taking off the cover. You can do so even without removing the harness. Afterward, hand-wash the pads using mild detergent and cold water. Use a wet washcloth to rub off any stray crumbs and other grime on the harness.
The Marathon retails at about $299. If you get the variant with the anti-rebound bar, then that is an extra $40. While it might seem pricey, the Marathon is still more affordable than the Boulevard and the Advocate – the two other convertible car seats from Britax’s ClickTight line. Besides, what you are paying for is your child’s absolute safety and your peace of mind, which are priceless.
Britax Marathon ClickTight Review: The Final Verdict
Now, here comes the million-dollar question. Is the Britax Marathon ClickTight worth the purchase, or is it better to opt for cheaper alternatives?
The short answer is: yes, it is. After all, you can never go overboard when it comes to your child’s safety and well-being. So, if you have some extra bucks lying around, you might as well invest it on a high-quality and reliable convertible car seat. Best of all, the Marathon is also easy to install, use, and clean while delivering unmatched safety and comfort.