Shopping for a stroller is no easy feat. With the endless options in the market, how do you even choose the best product for your child? The first step is to stick to a reputable brand, such as UPPAbaby. And among their many offerings, the Cruz is one of your top choices. Our UPPAbaby Cruz review can help you figure out if this stroller is the right fit for your bundle of joy.
UPPAbaby Cruz Review
UPPAbaby is already a household name for safe, innovative, and highly convenient strollers. This year, they released the revampedversion of Cruz, one of their bestselling single strollers. Now called the Cruz V2, this top-of-the-line stroller boasts better wheels for enhanced maneuverability. It also has a more spacious toddler seat, bigger storage basket underneath, and folds more compactly.
UPPAbaby Cruz at a Glance
Want a quick, no-frills primer on the UPPAbaby Cruz V2? This section has everything you need to get started.
|Specifications||UPPAbaby Cruz V2 Stroller|
|Product Dimensions||37.5 x 22.8 x 40 inches|
|Product Weight||25.5 pounds|
|Age and Weight Range||3 months to 50 pounds|
|Maximum Number of Children||2|
|Maximum Basket Capacity||30 pounds|
|Wheels||7″ polyurethane tires and 10″ polyurethane rear tires|
|Available Expansion Options||Bassinet, PiggyBack, and Mesa Infant Car Seat|
|Retail Price||$679.99 (Click here to check the latest promotion)|
What We Like
- Takes less than five minutes to set up.
- Easy to fold and unfold.
- Lightweight and compact.
- Portable and easy to store.
- Fully reversible toddler seat with a deep recline function.
- Boasts smooth, effortless maneuverability.
- Versatile and compatible with various accessories and car seats.
- Includes a large, convenient storage basket.
What We Don’t Like
- More expensive than other strollers.
- You need to buy additional items to be able to use it from birth.
- Cannot be converted to a double stroller.
- Wheels might still be a bit small, resulting in weaker shock absorption capacity in rough terrains.
Who It Is For
The UPPAbaby Cruz V2 is perfect if you only have one child. If your second child is already a toddler or an independent walker, then it will work as well. Furthermore, it is a great option if you want something compact and travel-friendly.But most importantly, the Cruz is the way to go if you are hunting for a no-frills, reasonably priced stroller that gets the job done.
Size and Weight
At about 25.5 pounds, the Cruz V2 is not as heavy as other strollers. Once folded, the stroller measures around 17 inches long, 26 inches wide, and 33 inches tall. Being compact, it is easy to store and does not take up a lot of space in the trunk or closet. Meanwhile, once set up, it measures 37.5 inches long, about 23 inches wide, and 40 inches tall. The Cruz is narrower than most strollers, which means that it is easier to navigate across crowded areas.
Age and Weight Range
UPPAbaby recommends the Cruz V2 for children aged three months up to fifty pounds. In other words, it is designed to grow with your bundle of joy. The adjustable leg rest offers plenty of space and even includes a bar where tired little feet can rest on. Furthermore, the high-back seat ensures that your child can sit back and recline comfortably, regardless of their height.
If you want to use the stroller from birth, then you will need to use an accessory from the brand. You can choose between the Bassinet and the Infant SnugSeat. These can easily be removed once your child has reached the minimum age requirement.
By itself, the UPPAbaby Cruz can only fit one child.But, it can accommodate another child if you install the PiggyBack Ride-Along Board.Made from natural wood, this add-on quickly attaches to the back of the stroller and can support kids weighing up to 50 pounds. Put simply, it enables an older sibling to ride along even without having to sit in the stroller.
Safety and Comfort
Nothing can be more stressful than a child crying or flailing about while you are strolling outside. With the Cruz V2, you do not have to worry about any of these. Like any other UPPAbaby product, it is built for supreme safety and comfort. Now, your family can finally enjoy your promenade and precious bonding time.
- Full-Size Reversible Seat. The included Toddler Seat can be used while facing the front or the back, depending on your child’s needs and preferences. For babies and younger toddlers, the parent-facing mode is ideal as it can boost emotional comfort and safety. You can reverse the seat once your child has grown old enough.
- One-Handed, Multi-Position Recline. This stroller supports five recline positions. Even better, one hand is all you need to find the optimal angle for your child.
- No-Rethread Harness. The upgraded Cruz comes with a 5-point no-rethread harness, which makes it easy to adjust as your child grows.
- Height-Adjustable Canopy.The zip-out canopy boasts UPF 50+ for superior sun protection. It is also extendable for greater coverage and mesh panels for maximum ventilation. At the same time, it helps create a cozy sleeping environment. Best of all, the canopy is easily adjustable to accommodate your growing child.
- Rain and Bug Shield. These are designed to protect your child from unwanted elements, such as rain and pesky insects, helping them enjoy the wild outdoors.
A high-quality stroller needs to be easy to maneuver and navigate across different surfaces. Not only does it make things more convenient for you. It also plays a vital role in your child’s safety and well-being. Fortunately, the Cruz has all the features you need for a smooth-sailing strolling experience.
- Larger Front and Rear Tires. The Cruz V2 boastslarger polyurethane tires than the 2019 version. This makes it much easier to steer across bumpy roads.
- All-Wheel Suspension.The shock-absorbing, dual-action rear suspension comes with varying springs to make the ride much smoother, no matter your child’s weight. More importantly, it helps you navigate the stroller with minimal effort – regardless of the terrain.
- Adjustable Handlebar.The telescoping handlebarcan be extended to match your height and encourage the right posture. On top of that, it is outfitted with premium, full-grain leather for a secure grip.
The Cruz features a one-step fold for quick, effortless storage and transport. You can even fold it with the seat still attached. For greater convenience, the stroller can also stand on its own once folded.
When you are going outside with your child, you never seem to run out of things to pack. Lucky for you, the Cruz has an ultra-spacious storage basket under the seat.It has a large opening for effortless access and can hold up to a whopping 30 pounds of baby essentials and other paraphernalia.
Car Seat Compatibility
One of the best things about the Cruz V2 is that it is compatible with a wide range of car seats. For example, it can be used with the UPPAbaby Mesa Infant Car Seat even without the use of adapters.Aside from this, the Cruz is also ideal for use with select car seat models from Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Cybex, and Chicco, among others.
Cleaning and Maintenance
The stroller can get dirty over time. So, make sure to opt for a product that is easy to wash and maintain. Fortunately, all of the fabrics on the Cruz are removable – but not machine-washable. You can either spot clean or hand-wash it using cold water and mild detergent. As for the chassis parts, you will need a damp cloth and mild detergent to wipe away the grime.
The UPPAbaby Cruz costs about $680, which can be pricier than other strollers in the market. But for the quality and nifty features that you will get, it is not a bad deal. Just keep in mind that you will have to shell out more if you plan to buy some accessories.
UPPAbaby Cruz Review: The Final Verdict
The UPPAbaby Cruz has been a crowd-favorite among parents for a reason. And with the Cruz V2, you will be getting all the beloved features – and more. Specifically, this upgraded stroller is compact, relatively lightweight, easy to navigate, and extremely comfy for your baby. However, it is only ideal for smaller families and those willing to splurge a little bit. So, if budget is not a concern, then the Cruz is certainly more than worth the purchase.